[TRLog] TR sticks with initial exchange

Subject: [TRLog] TR sticks with initial exchange
From: w2ktf@juno.com (w2ktf@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:21:34 EST
     Using TR ver 6.44.

     I set up TR for the SOWP International QSO Roundup.
Used NA QSO for the CONTEST line in LOGCFG.  Worked
OK, except that when reworking a station on a new band,
TR would treast it as an initial exchange.  That is, if a sta-
tion had given me a new nickname, or a new qth (state)
in the earlier QSO, TR would put the previous name or
state from the TRMASTER into the exchange line of the
new QSO.

     This may be a clue as to what I did wrong:  The pro-
gram logs the state in lower case.  Not Fl, Ny, or Az.  It
logs fl, ny and az.  Also it leaves a blank for foreign pre-
fixes.  That is, after a DL or EA QSO, there is a blank in
the QTH column.  This is no problem, but may indicate
what is flaky about my program.

     Here's the LOGCFG.DAT.  The actual exchange is
SOWP membership number, but the closest valid
exchange uses QSO number.  TR won't know the
difference, will it?

MY CALL = W2KTF

CONTEST = NA QSO

EXCHANGE RECEIVED = QSO NUMBER NAME DOMESTIC OR DX QTH

CONTEST NAME = SOWP International QSO Roundup

KEYER OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1

DISPLAY MODE = COLOR

PADDLE PORT = 1

WEIGHT = 1.05

DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = NONE

DX MULTIPLIER = NONE

CQ MEMORY F1 = SOWP SOWP SOWP \ \ K

CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ SOWP CQ SOWP SOWP W2KTF W2KTF K

CQ MEMORY F3 = _ ~ % HR NR 4416 W2KTF CHAS NY K

CQ MEMORY F4 = 73 % TU DE \ \ SOWP K

CQ MEMORY F5 = @

CQ MEMORY F6 = - \

CQ MEMORY F7 = _SRI % QSO B4 GL DE \ \ SOWP K

CQ MEMORY F8 = AGN?

CQ MEMORY F9 = NR ?

CQ MEMORY F10 = NAME?

CQ EXCHANGE = _~ % HR NR 4416 W2KTF CHAS NY

S&P EXCHANGE = R TU % HR NR 4416 W2KTF CHAS NY

REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE = NR 4416 W2KTF CHAS NY

CQ EXCHANGE NAME KNOWN = _~ % HR NR 4416 W2KTF CHAS NY

EX MEMORY F3 = CHAS NY

EX MEMORY F5 = @

EX MEMORY F6 = \

EX MEMORY F7 = SRI % QSO B4 73 GL \