[TRLog] Re: Trouble with 6.47 memory

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Trouble with 6.47 memory
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 16 Jan 2000 16:47:33 -0000
> Played in the NAQP phone contest this weekend and used TR ver. 6.47. Noticed
> that at the beginning of the contest I had only a small amount of memory
> (approx 14,500). By the fifth or sixth contact I lost the ability to extract
> the QTH data on the screen and the names from trmaster.
>
> Somewhere about the 80th contact I lost the multiplier screen.

This would be an indication that you are running out of memory alright.

6.47 does appear to have about 50K less memory showing up as free.
I probably didn't mean for this to happen - but even with that, I
show 143K free memory when starting it up under a MSDOS prompt on
Windows 98 - which should be plenty.

Perhaps you can look over what you have in lower memory and improve
the situation.  I will see if I can go back to the what I had in
6.43 without hurting performance.

Tree