[TRLog] 6.48 in ARRL DX from VR2BG

Subject: [TRLog] 6.48 in ARRL DX from VR2BG
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:37:17 +0000
Tree wrote about dupes in the POSSIBLE CALL WINDOW:

 Hmm - I haven't seen this and couldn't reproduce it with a few minutes
 of effort.

 Can someone start from scratch and tell me how to make it happen?

I used last year's .CFG file without changes.  Relevant or otherwise different
than commonly used settings were:

CONTEST = arrl dx
scp country string = k, ve
partial call load log enable = true
WILDCARD PARTIALS = TRUE
possible calls = true
POSSIBLE CALL MODE = ALL

PARTIAL CALL LOAD LOG ENABLE is actually in there twice.  Don't ask why, nor
why I set WILDCARD PARTIALS to default.

If I use my .DAT & .CFG files now, ^-entering W7WA in CQ mode shows twice.  I
worked him once in the contest & my TRMASTER.ASC file contains one W7WA.  If I
start from scratch with just the .CFG file,  I also see W7WA twice.  I
would've sworn at some point after I noticed the dupes that I paid particular
attention to what showed before logging a call, but perhaps I was imaging
seeing only one.

Something else I found from scratch is that ^-entering K5TR in CQ mode causes
two K5TFs & two K5TNs to appear, but no K5TR.  Hit esc twice & ^-entering K5TR
again causes one K5TF, one K5TN & one K5TR to appear.  Hit esc twice & you're
back to the start of this paragraph.  There is only one of each in my
TRMASTER.ASC file.

73, VR2BrettGraham