[TRLog] CW via the command set on a TS870

Subject: [TRLog] CW via the command set on a TS870
From: toms@inconnect.com (Thomas Schaefer)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:05:33 -700

Has anyone tried on an 870 to send CW in the radio command?

I noticed in the 870 command set, you can send characters to the computer port
and tell the radio to generate the CW from those ASCII characters. I wonder if
this could be embedded in a message.

I was wondering if it is possible to send SRS=XX CQ FD de % % and have TR fill
in the % for the call inside this?

SInce I do not have an 870, I cannot test this myself. This would be a neat
trick so you do not need to use an LPT port to send data. This is mearly a
curiousity.

Thanks,

Tom NY4I