[TRLog] Colors

Subject: [TRLog] Colors
From: k8bk@speedconnect.com (Barry Martz)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:49:56 -0400
Hi All:

I sent this before on NETSCAPE and I guess it came through as an HTML file.
SRI.
Here it is again in TEXT format I hope.  Sri for the bandwidth.

I have been getting my station back together again and have been playing
with TRlog
version 6.48.  I have found a couple things that I really don't understand.
I can't wait to use the NEXTBANDMAP too.  Neat ideas.

First, I see you have added a CW TICKER window.  I have always hated sending
CW via
the keyboard because I don't know if I am making mistakes or not.  THANKS
for adding
that window.  I love it.

Here is how I have been playing with the program and my setup.

I have a Pentium 60 and a 486 computer networked.  Both are using 6.48.  I
am using
an A/B switchbox for Monitor/Keyboard/mouse.

I have changed the colors on both machines and both are the same.  I tried
make the BANDMAP window background GRAY and it turned out DARK BLUE.  Just
for kicks, I
tried to make it WHITE and it turned out GRAY.  I then tried making the
F-Key
background YELLOW and I got ORANGE.  I have never had color problems before.
Matter
of fact, the bandmap CALLSIGNS turn YELLOW as they age.

Something else that happened concerning colors.  I let the computers sit for
a couple
hours with the monitor turned off and TR running (with packetcluster on the
486).  I came
back and turned on the monitor and a lot of the PRINT was missing.  As I was
looking
at the screen, I noticed more print disappearning.  I wonder if it had
something to
do with my colors and the BANDMAP color change?  I could not see anything I
typed, NO packet
no bandmap spots but all background colors were fine.  I am trying to
duplicate the problem.
I rebooted the computer and it was fine.  I never switched to the other
computer to check
the screen there.

Has anyone seen this?  Suggestions

I will send you me config file if you think that might hold the answer.

73 de Barry