[TRLog] TRLog halts on 486/P90 PCs

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog halts on 486/P90 PCs
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (kl7ra)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:34:37 -0800
Tom, NY4I writes:
< when I go to the settings screen (CTRL-J), and I start moving
down
with the arrow keys, they will hang.

This program halt came to my attention after reformatting all
PCs in my network to "look" the same. I believe the problem
will reproduce on 486/P90 PCs that are now available "cheap"
after reformatting the drives to remove windows and using
simple MS config defaults.

You can detect this problem by going to the ctl J menu and
scroll down until you see the hard drive flash as an overlay
is transferred. The PC will halt. Depending on the machine
this may or may not translate to program crashes when you
are running rate.

The following config and autoexec file stopped the program
crashes on all my PCs in a seven PC network. Some of the
machines seem sensitive to one or more of the commands
then the others but all the machines work using these files.

You also, of course, can just leave windows on these older
486/P90 machines and TRLog will run fine.

config.sys:
DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS
BUFFERS=40,0