[TRLog] Floppy Access

Subject: [TRLog] Floppy Access
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:52:56 -0500
Hi everyone,

Some months ago somebody complained about their floppy being accessed at
inappropriate times (that doesn't sound right but you know what I mean).
Somebody else mentioned some Windows file in some registry or .ini file
which usually got istalled by Microsoft Word which turned out to make the
floppy get checked on most disk access procedures.  When removed the
problem went away.

I had this problem, did the fix and it worked.

Since then I have done a number of Windows reloads around here and also
reloaded Microsoft Word, and now all my computers are doing it again, and I
have forgotten the fix.

Help?

Mark, N5OT