[TRLog] Re: TRLog problems on 486

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog problems on 486
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 9 Jun 2000 13:31:43 -0000
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, KLUENDER, JOEL wrote:

> I am looking to purchase TRLog and am doing a field day test drive of the
> freeware version. I'm trying to run it on 2 PC's : a P166MMX/Win95 and a
> 486/33/Dos6.22. I have no problems at all running on the P166MMX/Win95 but
> on the 486, occasionally the program will just freeze up for no apparent
> reason. I can't do anything but hard-restart to get it going again. It seems
> to happen more often when my keystrokes are being made fast. I thought it
> might be just that machine so I tries another 486 with Dos6.22 and the same
> thing happened although a little less it seems.
>
> Have you seen this before? Do you have any suggestions or ideas? If I can't
> resolve this and get two PC's running soon I will have to resort to some
> other software. I really LOVE TR, by the way, and so I'd really like to
> stick with it if possible.

The freeware version is about two years old, and there have been
many improvements and some bug fixes with the network operation.
I would suspect you are fighting a known bug that has been long gone
in the normal version.

I have updated the freeware version to be based upon today's program.
It is available via anonymous ftp to jzap.com.

73 Tree N6TR
n6tr@contesting.com