[TRLog] AA contest email submissions and TRlog

Subject: [TRLog] AA contest email submissions and TRlog
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:36:21 +0000
UA9CDC queried after trying to submit his AA entry electronically:

  I wonder if there is a possibility to compose the log of that type
  automatically either inside the POST utility or as a third party program. I
  feel really spoiled by the use of TR and did not get used to spending too
  much time on making the final log for submission since I have started to
  use TRlog. I understand that similar format is used for internal JA
  contests. Do we have any JA subscribers who can clear that up and let us
  know if the proper converting utility exists? Or am I making the noise over
  nothing?

For one or two (for me, one - I'm not so good with "the phone") entries per
year, it isn't too difficult to edit the sample entry header from the JARL web
site.

However, if JARL's domestic standard is to be applied to a non-domestic
contest, a little more detail than that sample might be a good thing to make
known to the rest of the world.  I can only hope that they will be reasonable
should someone manage to hack their entry past the "sentry" but
inadvertently goof something else up...

Of course, the outside world couldn't find that info on electronic
submissions before the contest, as there were no links to it that I could find
_anywhere_ on JARL's web page (opportune time to thank JK1JHU again
for the URL to this which I'd posted to cq-contest previously).

I don't think Igor is making noise over nothing, though I don't think it's
worth
Tree's time to do something to about it in POST.  Might I suggest folks cut &
paste the following line from my soon-to-be-tested entry into theirs:

<COMMENTS>Please accept Cabrillo format entries!</COMMENTS>

73, VR2BrettGraham