[TRLog] Band switching and Radio Update Seconds

Subject: [TRLog] Band switching and Radio Update Seconds
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:43:05 -0500 (EST)
QSL on the WARC band switch command.

However, switching bands is still a problem:
With both radios connected to serial ports, using CTRL-V or CTRL-B to
change bands is a problem because of the slow frequency updating by TR.
If I hit the CTRL-V twice to go down two bands, sometimes (about 50%)
the rig ends up on the starting band!  Watching the band display at the
top of TRs screen shows the band going from 10 to 15 and back to 10.
If I pause a couple of seconds between CTRL-Vs it goes from 10 to 15 and
then to 20.  This is bad.  I don't want to have to type in the frequency
(BTW, it's nice that CT lets you type part of the frequency, such as
14 to go to 14000 or 702 to go to 7020) because I want to go back to
my old frequency on the band but I can't remember what it was.  I just
moved to a new band to check propagation, don't have any, and want to
to figure out what band my radio is on could cost me the frequency.

This is not a problem without the radios connected.  TR then changes
bands very quickly.  However, I want to have TR read the radios'
frequencies to ensure that the antennas are selected properly and the
logging is accurate.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9