[TRLog] MY ZONE

Subject: [TRLog] MY ZONE
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 10 Jul 2000 15:15:32 -0000
> According to the manual the MY ZONE statement should be placed before
> the CONTEST statement in the .CFG file. I couldn't get the scoring to be
> done right unless I put the MY ZONE statement after the IARU statement.
> Is it possible that there is an error in the manual?

Well - the real error was in the program.  When the program executes
the CONTEST statement, it will recompute the zone and the problem
that everyone is seeing is that it recomputes it using the CQ Zone
instead of the ITU Zone.  So, to work around the bug, it is necessary
to put the MY ZONE command after the CONTEST statement.

Most of the time, putting it after MY CALL is correct - such as when
your call doesn't indicate your zone correctly (like if you are
N5KO in zone 3 or zone 8).

The problem is that sometimes, the program doesn't know that you
are going to use ITU zones until it sees the CONTEST = IARU statement
and that is why it needs to recompute the zone.  Thereofore, in that
case, it needs to come after the CONTEST statement.

Tree