[TRLog] new user frustration

Subject: [TRLog] new user frustration
From: Rod, N0RC" <n0rc@qsl.net (Rod, N0RC)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:21:31 -0600
How do I set up TR to allow entering my paper log from the ARCI
Homebrew sprint? I can't figure out how to:

Enter the QSO time.

Enter the RST _I sent_, TR seem to want to always/automatically enter
599

Enter power values less than one watt, some stations send things like
500mW

The manual sez: "make sure to include a W, R or M in the power so the
QSO points are correct." What the difference between them? I can't
find the abbreviations defined anywhere.

Maybe TR is not the tool for me. It looks to be great for the serious
contester who automates rig control. I'll likely never be a serious
contester, nor interface my rig to the computer. What other software
should I consider?

Minimum requirements:

(1) Easy to learn & use. TR does great stuff but it's difficult to
master for the casual user.

(2) Easy QSO entry during the contest.

In the past I've prepared Excel spreadsheets from my paper
logs--tedious!

(3) Ability to enter paper logs--gotta be prepared for computer
failures

(4) Generate the required reports,, logs, dupe sheets, summary
scores....etc

(5) CW/keyer interface to rig.

---
72/3 Rod, N0RC -- Fort Collins, CO