[TRLog] IOTA Questions

Subject: [TRLog] IOTA Questions
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 3 Aug 2000 15:35:27 -0000
> 1) Due to a late start with TR I entered the first 60 QSO's after they
> happened. I assume I can go back and edit the text file to correct the
> times?

Sure - probably the easiest way is to use a text editor.

> 2) We used it in a networked config. It seems like if we entered a QSO
> incorrectly and went back and editted it, the edit didn't get transmitted
> to the other computer. What is the best way to fix this?

What I typically do is to use the COMPUTER ID feature and then
filter the log so I get only the QSOs made on a specific computer
(and edited).  Then, I merge them.

> 3) If the QSO was entered with out an IOTA reference, but then was added
> by editting the the last 5 window, it is still scored as a 3 pointer
> rather than a 15 pointer.

The QSO points are calculated when you log the QSO.  The editor is "dumb"
on purpose so you can edit anything you want without changing other
things.

You can rescore the contest using the TR READ feature to rework the
contest.  Check the manual.

> 4) One computer died toward the end so I just logged on one computer (I
> did get the data files from the sick computer tho). Can I merge these
> two files OK? I suspect it is best to just make all updates in the more
> complete one, but I am curious how merge deals with this situation for
> future reference.

I am not sure how to answer this.  When the merge function in POST
finds two QSOs that are the same - it only uses one of them.

> I assume I can fix up one log by hand and be OK, just wondering if there
> are ways to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

I think the COMPUTER ID feature is the key.

Tree