[TRLog] ON/OFF

Subject: [TRLog] ON/OFF
From: w4pa@bellsouth.net (Scott & Mary Robbins)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:33:58 -0400

> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:12:29 EDT
> From: KZ5D@aol.com
> Subject: [TRLog] Re: On/Off Command
>
> Thanks all for the enlightenment.  I had not noticed that Tree removed
this
> feature.
>
> Tree, what are you going to do to keep track of the 6 hours off time in
the
> SS.  Seems like writing notes on a slip of paper is all that's available.
> What a shame, since we are sitting right in front of a perfectly capable
> computer.
>
> I don't know about you guys, but in the heat of battle, I want to operate
> every possible minute and depending on accurate compiling of 33 mins here
and
> 41 minutes there, etc. is old hat.
>
> Surely there must be a better way.
>
> What do you offer Tree?
>
> Art, KZ5D

Art:

It is acceptable to the ARRL to clearly note your off times on your summary
sheet included when you submit the log.   I've always done it this way with
no problems.   In fact, until this very moment I didn't know TR allowed you
to insert the On/Off times into the log.  I never did get around to learning
more than the basics for logging, etc. with the software.

The "slip of paper" mentioned for keeping track of log times still works
well and you can look at it while in a sleep-deprived fog and know how
much off time you have left.  I usually keep a running total of time already
taken next to the exact times I have taken off (n), plus a reverse total
that
tells me how much off time I have yet to take (6:00 - n).

Scott Robbins, W4PA