[TRLog] Repeatable cw messages?

Subject: [TRLog] Repeatable cw messages?
From: ku7y@dri.edu (Monte Stark)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:59:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV wrote:

> Has anybody seen this too?:
> Using V6.52. When interrupting the auto-cq by just typing in the call sign
> of the caller, the first letter seems to get "used up" to stop the auto-cq.
> If DL1AAA called me, I end up with L1AAA in the call window. Need to press
> Escape or Space before the call.
> I never noticed this in ealier versions, always had the full call in there.
> Or am I missing something related to parameter settings (BIOS KEY CALLS
> etc.?)

This also happens to me but it's only when I start entering
a call "just" before TR starts sending CQ again.

If I have a 3.5 sec delay, which is what I usually use, and
someone calls right when TR stops sending, then usually it
works just fine.

But if it's getting close to time for another CQ, then the
first letter gets lost.

I tend to hit the space bar if I remember otherwise I just
enter the corrected call in the exchange window while TR
is sending my exchange.

(Running on an old 33 mHz 386 booted to pure DOS.)

73, Ron

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
....ku7y@qsl.net....SOC #2.......Nevada....NRA LIFE....
.....SOWP 5545M.......WHINERS #1........ZOMBIE #18.....
....Visit my Home Page.....http://www.qsl.net/ku7y/....