FW: [TRLog] Logging a Mobile in the Salmon Run

Subject: FW: [TRLog] Logging a Mobile in the Salmon Run
From: fullgraf@kcc.com (Fullgraf, Chuck)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:18:58 -0500
I thought a while about this for the TN QSO party this past weekend. I ended
up setting up a directory for each county I intended to activate. The .cfg
files were personalized for each county and I wrote batch files to start TR
for each county. (I even had a menu at the root directory that listed each
county and what batch file name to type). Basically, each new county was
like a new contest. I tried to make it as "ham" proof as possible (hihi!).

Advantage, you did not have to remember to append anything to the call.
Could be important in the heat of battle with the driver whipping the car to
and fro (thank goodness for the grab handles in the back of the truck).

Disadvantage, scoring multipliers will be an interesting experience. I have
not completely figured the best way with this yet. One option is to edit the
log and append a county designator, merge the logs together and let TR do
the scoring. Another way is to score the multipliers by hand.

Unfortunately, it became a bit of a moot point for us during the TN QSO
Party. I had not checked out my computer system in the car with the HF radio
and my method of powering the computer put too much noise into the radio.
So, we hand logged--again.

I will be entering the log "after the contest" so I will get to try some of
the above theories. Just not in the heat of the moment.

Thanks to anyone who contacted us during the TN QSO party.

Chuck, KE4OAR Tennessee mobile.