[TRLog] Windows Me Clarification

Subject: [TRLog] Windows Me Clarification
From: matt@qrq.com (Matthew George)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:39:09 -0600
Let me clarify... I should have said:

TRLog works fine running in Windows ME (full screen command shell)... I
have been on beta versions of Windows ME with no problems since March
(running TRLog).  I have been using the release version of Windows ME
before it went to distribution/production since June-July (running
TRLog). No problems at all.

I never have understood the paranoia behind running TRLog from a full
screen command shell in Windows 9X/OSR2/SE/ME.  I have never had a
problem. :)

When the consumer version of Windows 2000 (based on NT/Windows 2000)
comes out, it may be a different story.  16 bit code will probably be
run through a 808X emulator as it currently is in Windows NT/2000.  The
Windows NT/2000 16 bit emulator has a rough time with the direct
hardware level calls/interrupts TRLog makes.

Windows Windows 9X/OSR2/SE/ME still runs 16 bit apps nativly.  Anyone
telling you that Windows ME doesn't run 16 bit apps nativly is up in the
night.

mg NG7M