[TRLog] Internet spots

Subject: [TRLog] Internet spots
From: gbaron@home.com (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:22:47 -0600

BUT, it surely would be nice if it did TCPIP so that you could use Web Based
spots, or Telnet to nodes that allowed it. Does it do that, can I telnet to
any cluster? As it has been pointed out here, Shell account ability is
useless as most isp do not allow it and cable certainly does not.
The way to do it now would be on the internet and it would have to be able
to talk to your Ethernet card to really make this practical. The other thing
thing would be needed is that it would have to support sockets to be able to
talk over a dial up connection.
I realize this is not going to happen until and unless it is made into a
windows program or until someone writes an interface to do this and the
author makes an api available so that someone could do that.
I can dream though :-)
It would be a neat Java project if the API were available.