[TRLog] NWT or YT?

Subject: [TRLog] NWT or YT?
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 8 Nov 2000 22:28:26 -0000
> I guess my only question here is whether it makes a darn bit of difference
> IF TRLog does change YT to NWT. In this contest they both count for the
> same section and one is scored as the other. Yeah, I know, it's not
> recording WHAT you entered, but it's recording the equivalent... kinda...
> sorta...
>
> Tree, as the father of many log checking programs, what's your take on this?

I think TR conforms to what the ARRL told me to use for the sections.

If you look at the .PDF file the ARRL has for their summary sheet,
it has NT.  I think NT is a terrible abbreviation because it can be
easily confused with North Texas, so I have adopted NWT.

VY1JA is sending YT, because he is the Yukon terriority.  For many
contests, this is the correct designation.  However, in the SS, the
Northwest terrorities are included with the Yukon.

TR will accept anything starting with NW, VE8, VY1, YU, YT or YK for
NWT.  The same is true for the log checking software (it uses the
same .DOM file TR uses and the same logic).  If some other logging
program comes up with something different - it will be detected and
I can add it to the list.

So - you can do it either way (log what was sent or let TR filter it
for you).  K8CC may not be so forgiving - but he has "approved" my
ten meter multiplier list so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Tree