[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V3 #254

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V3 #254
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:33:48 -0600
On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 11:45:24PM -0500, TRLog Digest wrote:
>  - When entering an exchange while making a second radio QSO with the
>    Alt-D function, you may now enter a callsign of a station who is
>    answering your "dummy" CQ.  You can enter it in the exchange window
>    by putting a / in the front of the call (i.e., 12A 67NTX /N6TR).
>    When you do this - there will be no CQ called at the end of the
>    QSO and N6TR will be put into the call window ready for you to
>    answer by pressing RETURN.

(this is WAY COOL!)

> From: Clive Whelan <clive_whelan@btinternet.com>
> Do you use audio diversity in SO2R, i.e. do you use different
> pitch on the two radios, say 800Hz on the run radio and perhaps
> 600Hz or lower  in S&P, or vice versa to better enable
> separation of the signals?

I use spacial diversity.  Radio 1 in the left ear, Radio 2 in the right.
(pretty simple box with some 3-circuit 1/4" jacks and a 3-position rotary
switch)  Played around a bit with audio diversity (the "CW PITCH" knob on a
TS-940) but it really didn't seem to make much difference.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66