[TRLog] Band map in Two radio node

Subject: [TRLog] Band map in Two radio node
From: clive_whelan@btinternet.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:30:39 GMT

<<The integration of the band map into this process promises to
be a powerful combination. The band map will help you identify
stations very quickly. When you tune within 200 hz of a band
mapped station, his call will blink and the exchange
(precedence, check, and section) will be shown. If the check and
section match, you don't need to listen for the callsign. When
using two radios, the band map should stay on the band you did
your last band map entry on (i.e. the second radio.) >>

Hmm, Alt D does indeed put a band map entry on radio 2, and it
blinks, and the band map stays on that band. So far so good.

I was then pleasantly surprised that when tuning radio 2, other
band map entries flashed as usual despite apparently no polling
taking place on radio 2 ( is there?). However this proved to be
an intermittent capability. I doubted I had seen it, but can
confirm it does occasionally happen, if so how, and is this an
intended function?

However even when this did happen the callsign was never entered
into the call window, as happens after pressing space following
Alt D. To have this happen and be ready to call the band mapped
station with <space> would be really useful. Also it would be
super to have the NEXT BAND MAP operate as I have this
programmed to a function key.

Can someone clarify these issues please?

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@arrl.net