[TRLog] TRmaster.dta runtime error 201, CW output

Subject: [TRLog] TRmaster.dta runtime error 201, CW output
From: dl2zav@darc.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 00:01:23 +0100
> As soon as I type Yes after pressing POST U E E the runtime
> error 201 shows up so that I cannot add new calls. Why?
>
> I am using version 6.48
Looks like 6.48 was broken, there have been fixes in 6.49 and 6.54 (this is
from the release notes)

> The trmaster.dta file is in the folder "helvetia" together with the
> configuration file
>     c:\log\contests\helvetia
The trmaster.dta should go into the same directory as tr.exe and post.exe
(i. e. C:\log).
When doing POST U E something, I always log into the C:\log directory before
starting POST. I once lost a lot of data when calling POST from a directory
with data of only one contest and trying to add those calls to trmaster.
They were added, but everything else I had before was gone. I think this is
a DOS search path issue.

> 2. CW Tone.
> When running the simulator the CW tone comes from the internal speaker
> which sends alarm beeps etc. This is not very practical (neighbours!!)
> How can I tell TR to send the CW tone to the soundcard so that I can use
> headphones when running the simulator?

This has been discussed here before, but I can't find it. As far as I
remember, it can only be done by hardware - disconnect speaker and feed
signal into sound card. But Jan G0IVZ found another handy trick:
Set your transceiver in CW practise mode (RF power to zero, or sidetone on
and CW vox off).
Make a config file WITHOUT simulator command.
Start TR.
Switch simulator on in Ctrl-J menu. Don't save to config file.
Now the simulator operates, but still keys the radio (normally, simulator
switches keying off for good reasons)
Use headphones connected to your transceiver.
Switch off TR's sidetone (Alt+accent on my German keyboard)
Switch off alarm beeps in Ctrl-J.

Udo

dl2zav@darc.de

Ich logge mit TR-Log.