[TRLog] Boot to MS-dos/Notebook PCs

Subject: [TRLog] Boot to MS-dos/Notebook PCs
From: k6xx@arrl.net (Bob Wolbert, K6XX)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:18:38 -0800
Yes, the laptop keyboard will affect your rate and longevity. However,
virtually all full sized laptop/notebooks of the last several generations
have a connector for an external keyboard. This is the "only" way to go!

Works for me--took this setup to KH6, 6Y5, S5, local "expeditions", etc.
Highly recommended.

A old 485 or Pentium I laptop can be found cheap. Also, if you are running
from limited power, the old 486s take less juice than the new, fast
Pentiums. The newer laptops get their higher run rate from vastly improved
battery technology rather than design efficiency.

73 de Bob, K6XX
k6xx@arrl.net