[TRLog] Pair of IC706/IIs and TRLog for SO2R ??

Subject: [TRLog] Pair of IC706/IIs and TRLog for SO2R ??
From: agtaylor@llnl.gov (agtaylor@llnl.gov)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:00:26 -0800 (PST)
I am considering trying out SO2R contesting and the most likely
pair of radios (identical!) to use in that experiment would be
the IC706/IIs that I use as backup rigs to the OmniVI. As it
happens, I also acquired recently a free TI4000 (486/25MHz) laptop
that could be used in the experiment. If I have read the
TRLog manual appendices correctly, the parallel port can be used
to key and PTT one of the radios, and the serial port used to do
those functions for another radio as well as interface with the
CT17 (or whatever it is...I would actually build one, it was given
in QST). Band decoders and all that might come in time, but for now
I would want to just see if I can master the SO2R mode at all.

So, my questions:

Has anyone on the reflector used this pairing of rigs for SO2R?
  If so, how did it work?  Problems?

Are bandpass filters essential at 100W with horizontal antennas to
one rig and vertical to the other? How about at QRP power levels?

As this might be a bit specific, it may not be appropriate to copy the
reflector with answers.

Thanks for listening!

Allan  K7GT / AE6TT

--