[TRLog] Dupes & Exchanges

Subject: [TRLog] Dupes & Exchanges
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:21:36 -0800
On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 09:19:24AM +0100, Soro Roberto wrote:

> > 2-In the CQ 160,  another problem cropped up.  When I enter
> > the received
> > exchange, the program always logs the generic prefix.  In
> > other words, if a
> > European Russian station is logged, it always shows up as
> > "UA" - ignoring
> > the fact that I logged "ER" for most of these stations.
> > During the contest
>
> ER stands for European Russia, or UA as a prefix identifier, which is the
> same.
> Since rules state that you should send the country id TR logs the most
> natural
> id which is in most cases not confusing for a checking purpose.
> Most of the slovenian S5 stations were seinding SI ant tr logged them as S5.
> Don't do all the edit work, it is not necessary!.

I feel that Bob is right but we all know that in the past
this contest has had log checkers that have been somewhat
rigid in their application of the rules.  So it might be
worth checking with the person who runs this contest to
see if they see this as a problem.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."