[TRLog] computer from cigarette adapter

Subject: [TRLog] computer from cigarette adapter
From: jasper@powercom.net (Scott/Lori Jasper NE9U/KA9ZGD)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:23:28 -0600
I recently upgraded my 8088 laptop to a state of the art 486 laptop (NEC
440-1531) that I am now using TR on.  :-)))

I had planned on using this 486 with TR while running mobile in the Wisconsin
qso party this weekend.

The old 8088 used a plain old 12 volt negative tipped plug that ran easily off
a cigarette lighter.
The 486 has some square 4 pronged plug. (says 13.5 v, 11.5V, s.g., and cont)

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I figure one of you guys might
know.  Am I going to be able to find something that
will run off a cigarette lighter by this weekend? Of course, the batteries are
shot.  I'm guessing a power inverter will be too
noisey to use running mobile.

I'd like to use TR for the contest, but guess if need be can fall back to an
old 8088 logger.

Thanks for any help!

Scott

jasper@powercom.net