[TRLog] QSO Party Portable Dupes and other questions

Subject: [TRLog] QSO Party Portable Dupes and other questions
From: WT9U@compuserve.com (James A. Walter)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:06:23 -0500
Hi All,

Played around in the VA qso party this weekend.  Since I didn't figure out
where to download the list of multipliers until the contest had already
started I initially had the logcfg.dat file set up to DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER =
WYSIWYG.  That worked well.  Found the list of abbreviations and went back
and edited the log with the "approved" list.

As usual I logged all mobil stations as <call>/R.  When I used post after
the contest it showed listed a <call>/R same band/mode as a dupe even
though it was in a different county.  The program worked correctly during
the Wisconsin QSO party.  Went back and checked that log and had numerous
mobil stations on the same band/mode in different counties that weren't
thrown out.  Was using v6.56+ but went back and checked with 6.54 and it's
behaving the same.  Any thoughts?

Decided then to make a .dom file for out of state entrants just to have it
next year.  Spent some time making sure it was right, etc.  Now when I take
my original log (done in the wysiwyg method) and use the TR Read feature
using the Config file below PrWilliam county reads in and is placed in the
Mult column but then after it scrolls off the screen it disappears from the
Mult column.  In other words, when I use a text editor to look at my log
that particular county is never shown as a mult even though it was in both
columns before it left the screen.  Again the version of the program didn't
matter.

Anybody got any thoughts?

73...Jim, WT9U

MY CALL = WT9U