[TRLog] More SBDVP Debugging

Subject: [TRLog] More SBDVP Debugging
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:34:44 -0500

Steve,

I don't know if you got my response from last week or not. I am including my
suggestion below. It never made it to the reflector.

>>>"Steve London" said:
>
> I did some more experimentation with SBDVP:
>
> - The sample CQF10.DVP file provided by Kevin plays back just fine - so my
> problem is with recording.

I alway have my mike connected to the soundcard input, then feed the
output to the radio. That way there is no issue with level control
between the recorded or live audio. I had that same problem you
described. You need to fireup the volume control program
(start-accesories-entertainment). First make sure your volumes are okay.
Next go to Options-Properties and click the Recording radio button and
okay. 'Select' the microphone. Under 'Advanced' click 'microphone gain
control' then close. Try recording now.

> - The DVP files created by my own recordings are 10x too large - A 10 second
> DVP file is more than 1.3M - and the size grows linearly with duration.
>
> - I'm using the default sampling rate of 12048 Hz.
>
> I'm puzzled !

Hmmm...stereo recording? Are you saving in a format other than WAV? I have
found WAV files work well saved as DVP.