[TRLog] Serial Ports

Subject: [TRLog] Serial Ports
From: nr1dx@tellink.net (NR1DX)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:15:22 +0000
Been there .... done that ....got the scars (both physical and
psychological) to prove it.

Depending on the manufacturer of the port and how good it's DOS drivers are
( a growing problem in this day and age) TRLog will address up to 6 COM
ports (but not 8). Provided they are recognized as COM1-6. In some
instances the plug and play nature of cards today may want to assign a new
card as say COM 7 even though COM 5 is missing. This can prove to be a
challenge. I have had pretty good luck with cards by Siig. The COM5 and
COM6 commands are in the manual. If you use LPT1 and LPT2 for keying and
PTT control this would give you the 8 ports you need

Dave