[TRLog] Delay when using a network with large files

Subject: [TRLog] Delay when using a network with large files
From: toms@inconnect.com (Tom Schaefer)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:45:55 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0DD80.09A2F200

Could someone refresh my memory. I thought there was a command to =
prevent the computer from slowing down when there is a multi network =
running. The scenario I saw at last FD was on Sunday morning, whenever a =
contact was made by the CW station, there was a noticeable delay to log =
the contact. I speculated that it was because of the network updates. Is =
that possible? I was running on a 486 with 8MB RAM. I do not recall if I =
turned off the network to see if that was the problem. I thought I would =
ask if the network update is done as part of the contact log.

Thanks,

Tom NY4I

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0DD80.09A2F200

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Could someone refresh my memory. I =
thought there=20
was a command to prevent the computer from slowing down when there is a =
multi=20
network running. The scenario I saw at last FD was on Sunday morning, =
whenever a=20
contact was made by the CW station, there was a noticeable delay to log =
the=20
contact. I speculated that it was because of the network updates. Is =
that=20
possible? I was running on a 486 with 8MB RAM. I do not recall if =
I&nbsp;turned=20
off the network to see if that was the problem. I thought I would ask if =
the=20
network update is done as part of the contact log.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom NY4I</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0DD80.09A2F200--