[TRLog] TRLogWin survey

Subject: [TRLog] TRLogWin survey
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 15:00:43 -0400
On 25 May 2001, at 23:17, LogWindows@aol.com wrote:

> and complete the survey about what you'd like to see in TRLogWin.
> This will help us decide which way to go on the project.

Here are some of my thoughts, as I entered into the online survey:

What do I like best about TR?

Speed
Flexibility
Support
Does not require windows
Quick re-boots
Written and supported by active world-class contest operators

What do I like least about TR?

The program itself, as currently distributed and supported is nearly
perfect...I can think of no changes that I need.  Sometimes there are
enhancements that I discover I can use, but it lacks nothing.

Additional comments:

CW decoding?  Hell no!

Let me guess...lifetime TR subscribers will have to buy this program,
no?  (No, I'm not one but I should be)

"Single user" vs. "multiple user" - are we talking about single-op
contesting vs. multi-op contesting?  If so, there should not be
separate versions.

THE ABSOLUTELY MOST IMPORTANT THING to remember is that TR is high-
performance software designed for competition at the highest level.
This should be compromised in NO way by adding any "niceties" or
frivolous features...such as CW decoding.

I am not a fan of Windows or of transferring this program to a
Windows environment.  I suppose that Microsoft is forcing the issue
and the DOS program won't be usable forever.  BUT, any move of the
program to the Windows operating system should be as low-impact as
possible.  TR is a great program as-is, please don't screw it up.

Just some thoughts from a long-time TR user.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA