[TRLog] TRLog for Windows

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog for Windows
From: cfullgraf@sprynet.com (Chuck Fullgraf)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:42:30 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C0F4BE.B67294E0

As much as I dislike Windows for the screwy way it does things and as =
much as I like the DOS environment (I can function in DOS!), =
unfortunately, I can see the writing on the wall that the DOS =
environment is going away. Case in point, my most recent laptop with =
Windows ME does not even have a startup option for DOS mode. You have to =
build a startup floppy to keep Windows from booting.

So, Windows contest logging programs will be the wave of the future. But =
it won't happen until the hardware evolves, older computers become less =
available, and somebody programs a better logging program.

I will pay for a new logging program when my old one is no longer =
supported (hardware or software), when I need a new feature not =
supported by my old one, or when something better comes along.

Chuck, KE4OAR

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C0F4BE.B67294E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As much as&nbsp;I dislike Windows for =
the screwy=20
way it does things and as much as I like the DOS environment (I can =
function in=20
DOS!), unfortunately, I can see the writing on the wall that the DOS =
environment=20
is going away. Case in point, my most recent laptop with Windows ME does =
not=20
even have a startup option for DOS mode. You have to build a startup =
floppy to=20
keep Windows from booting.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So, Windows contest logging programs =
will be the=20
wave of the future. But it won't happen until the hardware =
evolves,&nbsp;older=20
computers become less available, and somebody programs a better logging=20
program.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will pay for a new logging program =
when my old=20
one is no longer supported (hardware or software), when I need a new =
feature not=20
supported by my old one, or when something better comes =
along.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chuck, KE4OAR</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C0F4BE.B67294E0--