[TRLog] Field Day problem

Subject: [TRLog] Field Day problem
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:51:15 -0700
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:26:17AM -0400, Ted Sarah wrote:

> We tried all the examples that have been mentioned with the KG4xx
> and NONE of them worked.  We tried 59 <ENTER>, and yes it worked
> for ALL other DX contacts.  We tried 59 DX, we tried DX, we tried
> 1D, etc.  We finally just entered it as 1D PR and it took it.  It

I think that KG4xx should be either VI or PR a far at the ARRL
is concerned - and so I think TR-Log deals with them in this way.

So if you enter a section for the KG4xx it will work.

This is a very rare case so it has not be tested much.

I would think that Guantanamo Bay would be in an ARRL section and
could even enter SS etc - based on past ARRL patterens that
had the Canal Zone as a section.

> appears that because the FCC is now (thanks for nothing) issuing
> KG for state side, that TR may be set up to accept it as a U.S.
> only call, when there are some that are really GITMO.  I've even
> tried it at home later and it WILL NOT accept it as a DX prefix
> no matter what I do.

TR-Log will log KG4xx as a Guantanamo Bay callsign - as it should.

Call in the format of KG4x or KG4xxx are USA callsigns are are
treated as such by TR-Log.

In a sense it is really (in the big picture) a non-issue since the
ARRL does not want you to send in logs for FD - only dupe sheets
so what or how you log the exchange is not critcal - even if it does
stop your run and confuse you for a bit.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."