[TRLog] Talking to Yaesu radios

Subject: [TRLog] Talking to Yaesu radios
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:19:43 -0400
I suspect I'm being thickheaded here, but how does TRLog send commands to a
Yaesu rig?  Hex makes my head hurt!  I've gotten fairly comfortable with
the ASCII strings one sends to a Kenwood radio, but the Yaesu CAT system
stops me cold.  Say, for example, I want to tell my Yaesu Mark V to turn
off the DSP audio peaking filter after each QSO (to make it easier to hear
off-frequency callers).  The radio needs to see 5 bytes --40H/00/00/00/75H,
I think.  How do I put that in an "SRS=" statement for storage as part of
my QSL Message, for example?

73, Pete N4ZR