[TRLog] serial numbers in multi-multi

Subject: [TRLog] serial numbers in multi-multi
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 06:47:51 -0700
On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 04:10:44PM -0700, Dick Frey wrote:

> When operating in a multi station networked environment in a contest
> requiring serial numbers like CQP, how do you prevent giving out wrong
> numbers?  The next number on the screen is often gone by the time you hit
> enter - taken by one of the other stations.  What's the remedy, QSO number
> by band?

In a multi-multi you send QSO numbers by band.  I do not know
of any contests that have a multi-multi catagory that
do this in any other way.  It has to be this way in my mind otherwise
how would you log the contest if you were using paper logs?

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."