[TRLog] Sending hex characters to the radio with 6.59

Subject: [TRLog] Sending hex characters to the radio with 6.59
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:59:07 -0400
Trying to control my Mark V.  Read the manual and found that using SRS1= is
the way to avoid sending hex to the wrong radio, but I still can't get the
hex commands to work.

So then I read in the change message that 6.59 will "allow control
characters to be specified for function key memories in the config file
(using the above syntax).  These will not work if you use the Alt-P command."

I presume this to mean that I must edit the logcfg.dat file with an editor
that permits direct entry of Ctl-C, Ctl-D, and so on. Correct?  If so, is
there a freeware or shareware editor that I can obtain that will let me do
this.

Also, can anyone confirm that the following is the correct sequence for
turning off the receive EDSP? -- <00><00><00><30><75>  Does it then follow
that the correct string for sending this to Radio 1 would be
Ctrl-C SRS1=<00><00><00><30><75> Ctrl-D?

73, Pete N4ZR