[TRLog] Repeated Messages

Subject: [TRLog] Repeated Messages
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:10:39 +0000
AA0CY posted:

>I was having problems getting TRlog to work with my PK232.
>It's been two years since I had a station up.  I forgot how
>I had done it.  All I remembered was that it worked before.
>Anyway, to make a short story long, at 2 AM my brain
>suddenly remembered that all I do is invoke Ctrl-B, send *
>until the TNC gets into packet mode, enter Ctrl-C enter my
>aa0cy then get into converse mode and everything was then
>the way it should be.

If it's been two years, then the battery back-up for the RAM
most certainly went flat.

Depending on the vintage of your PK-232, that battery may
be three AA cells which may have leaked by now, so I
would suggest you pop the covers to make sure.  They are
strategically placed on the top cover to dribble all over the
PCB below!

Later vintage PK-232s got away from those awful time bombs
& use a lithium battery instead.

73, BV/VR2BrettGraham