[TRLog] funny stuff

Subject: [TRLog] funny stuff
From: feutz@wctc.net (Ron Feutz)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:14:38 -0600
Gentlemen,

Last night in the 160 I had my first problem with TR in 5 years (V6.59,
same as I've been using since it came out).

I decided to use the floppy backup, as my 'puter is a well-worn laptop and
I was making a major effort.

After several successful floppy backups (freq=10)  it crashed.  While
trying to make the backup, the screen went blank and froze.

I ctrl-alt-del 'ed it, and it restarted fine (I restarted it in dos mode -
it was in a window when it crashed).

TR came up just fine, with the temp log OK.  But from then on, it was hit
and miss with dupe displays.  I checked the relevant Ctrl-J items, and they
were OK.  But sometimes it would display the potential dupes as I entered
new calls, and sometimes it wouldn't.  Space bar always worked for dupes,
but I'm spoiled by the automatic feature.  What was puzzling, was the
inconsistency.

It also, on the initial CW character, every so often would garble it
(usually the C in CQ).  Again, inconsistent.

No problem here - I'm overdue to install 6.60 anyway.  Can a crash like
this scramble the program?  I shut it down and restarted again, and nothing
changed.

Ron - WA9IRV