[TRLog] Windows question

Subject: [TRLog] Windows question
From: jcasey@notes.cc.sunysb.edu (jcasey@notes.cc.sunysb.edu)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:12:24 -0500
<P>Hi Gang,</P><P>I have tried out the demo version of TRLog and like it ve=
ry much. &nbsp;Unfortunately, the computer on which I tried it out runs Win=
dows 98, but the computer in my shack runs Windows NT version 4.0 (the 1996=
 version of NT). &nbsp;I cannot swap the computers, so I am wondering wheth=
er anyone can suggest a solution that would allow me to run TRLog on my sha=
ck PC.</P><P>Does anyone know whether used copies of Windows 95 or 98 are a=
vailable for purchase? &nbsp;I have no need for NT on my shack PC, since it=
 is not connected to a network.</P><P>I would think that to buy a new Windo=
ws 95 or 98 CD (not an upgrade) would be prohibitively expensive, even if t=
hey are still on the market.</P><P>I do have an upgrade CD that upgrades Wi=
ndows 3.1 or 95 to 98, but it will not do an NT to 98 upgrade. &nbsp;</P><P=
>I tried running TRLog on the NT machine and, indeed, the CW is severely im=
paired.</P><P>Seems like I'm stuck. &nbsp;Am I better off giving up and loo=
king for a Windows-based contest package?</P><P>Thanks very much, Happy Hol=
idays, &amp; 73,<BR>Jeff<BR>WB5GWB@ARRL.NET<BR>Long Island, NY</P><P></P>=