[TRLog] Re: OS compatibility

Subject: [TRLog] Re: OS compatibility
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:02:42 -0500
>At 10:33 AM 12/18/01, Tree N6TR wrote:
>>
>>No plans for Linux or Windows versions anytime soon.

Y'know, this "DOD is dead" stuff strikes me as a red herring.  As long as
PC microprocessors continue to support the x86 set of instructions, you
always ought to be able to run DOS 6.22, or DOS 7, or even Win98SE (I run
TRLog very nicely in a DOS window).

Sure, I'd love to be able to do some of the things Windows would let you
do, like simultaneously rcording the contest and logging on the same PC,
but I can work around this for the simplicity and power of TR.

73, Pete N4ZR
www.qsl.net/n4zr