[TRLog] TR Log and general logging software

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log and general logging software
From: ve3iay@rac.ca (Richard Ferch)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:43:12 -0500
Cal,

I am not aware of any logging programs that will import TRLog contest logs
directly. The logging program I use for general record-keeping is XMLog
(http://www.xmlog.com/), but there are plenty of others out there that will
track DXCC, WAS, etc. for you. While these programs won't import TRLog files
(pending a correction from someone who knows of one that does), virtually
all of them will import ADIF files. There are two free programs to convert
TRLog files to ADIF, namely TRADIF (http://www.qsl.net/ok1rr/tr.html) and
LogConv (http://www.qsl.net/ka5wss/logconv/). I have used both of these with
varying degrees of success (depends on the contest - some contests seem to
work better than others).

I also have written a program, CBR2ADIF, to convert Cabrillo files to ADIF
(http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/cbr2adif.html - to download it, look for the
link near the bottom of the page). If you have Cabrillo files for your
contests, and if you are not happy with the ADIF files produced by the other
two programs, you could try this program instead (depends on what your
logging program expects - not all ADIF files are created equal, and not all
logging programs react in exactly the same way to missing or optional
information). Warning: TRLog's POST does not produce valid Cabrillo files
for some contests - see my post sent today to the TRLog reflector titled
"Re: [TRLog] RAC Cabrillo". The workaround is to lie about the contest name
to fool POST into thinking the contest is on the supported list, and a
similar workaround may be needed with the CBR2ADIF program.

73 and good luck,
Rich VE3IAY