[TRLog] Win 2000 Pro

Subject: [TRLog] Win 2000 Pro
From: feutz@wctc.net (Ron Feutz)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:55:11 -0600
Hi All,

My old lap top just crashed and I am without a TR 'puter.

Is there any way to make it work on this machine, with Win 2000 Pro?

I can get a DOS looking window from "command prompt" under accessories, and
I can apparently get to the right directory with the usual DOS commands,
but it won't run.  When I type TR, I get "TR is not recognized as an
internal or external command......."

I have set up the usual paths, e.g. log\contests\genqso.  When enter TR, it
gives me the above message.  When I give the TR command from the LOG
directory only (no contests\genqso) it seems to try and work, however, it
sends dits at whatever speed in the the code speed field.

Can I make this work or do I have to do some fancy stuff with the computer
(partition and put older OS in)?

Ron - WA9IRV