[TRLog] Re: State QSO Parties

Subject: [TRLog] Re: State QSO Parties
From: retire@rconnect.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:38:03 -0600
Good morning Tom, Tree, et.al.,

Well as one of the rover's in question, I see no reason to complicate the
situation by signing N0XB/R/DK, rather than
simply the contest CQ:  "CQ MNQP de N0XB/M/DK"

Crediting the fixed station with a bit of common sense, and the ability to
copy cw, it would seem fairly natural to me
to assume that the mobile is participating in the QP as a rover.  Why dumb
this down, and make it harder than it already
is.  I ran my 706MkII from the car, and it does not have a provision for an
external keyer that I'm aware of, making the
sending of cq even more tedious.  (I'll look into some kind of memory keyer
function certainly for my next mobile QP)

As for the limitations  or quirks of TR, I'll leave that to the Master.  We
tried using the computer from the car, but found
it unreasonably difficult, especially changing from county to county as a
mobile does...not only that but the DC/AC converter
is very dirty and noisy RFwise.

Cheers,

Larry, N0XB/M/R/RI/MN/US   (sorry, couldn't resist)
Northfield, MN