[TRLog] TR Log Wish List - Reply to K2ONP

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log Wish List - Reply to K2ONP
From: RPClifton@aol.com (RPClifton@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:36:17 EST
Geo -

Regarding the 50-line mode, here are my thoughts:

Yes, I think a larger monitor is the only solution to the problem you mention.
Also, I think a traditional CRT works better with DOS than the new flat-panel
LCD screens. My experience is that CRT's always use the whole screen for DOS
displays, but LCD's often shrink the display or display it full screen with
poor resolution.

I use a 15" NEC flat-panel LCD display (CRT takes up too much space in my
shack).  If I run TR Log under DOS (I boot directly to DOS) I get a full screen
display and the characters are as large as possible, but the characters tend to
be a bit fuzzy.  If I run TR Log in a DOS Window, from Windows (Windows 98SE in
my case), the characters are smaller, but have better resolution.  I've tried
both and find that I prefer the pure DOS mode.  The larger characters seem to
compensate for any lack of resolution.

Unfortunately, DOS makes it impossible to clearly display everything that some
applications might wish to display.  This would be one of the advantages if a
Windows version of TR Log could ever be developed.

Hope this info helps.

73, Bob - W3YY