[TRLog] Version 6.64 Thanks

Subject: [TRLog] Version 6.64 Thanks
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:44:47 -0400
Folks,

A clarification of Bob's comments...
The default "BAND MAP CUTOFF FREQUENCY" values are in the manual. 40m is
preset at 7.100MHz. That means that any freq below this value and in band will
be assumed to be CW, and above is LSB. The reason for this parameter is that
spots do not get posted with mode information and there has to be some way to
distinguish the mode.

Setting BAND MAP SPLIT MODE = ALWAYS PHONE will cause non split spots to
follow the BAND MAP CUTOFF FREQUENCY values while split spots will always be
phone. Since it is rather rare for stations to be working CW split during a
contest this is a good option to use. I did not implement an ALWAYS CW option,
because I could not conceive of a need for that.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont