[TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...

Subject: [TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:51:44 -0400
Folks,

I am glad the improved band map is generally working very well for everyone.
There are plans for further improvements as well. I have a few comments on the
current release.

With the release of 6.64 there was a restructuring of the data in the band
map. This made BANDMAP.BIN from 6.63 and earlier incompatible with 6.64 and
beyond. It would also be a good idea to delete RESTART.BIN as well before
running a new version. I have seen strange behaviors when firing up with an
older RESTART.BIN. The mults won't dim falls into this category. I recommend
erasing both RESTART.BIN and BANDMAP.BIN from the current directory before
using version 6.64.

Udo, DL2ZAV, discovered the temporary work around for a bug in the band map
where WARC entries are not displayed unless VHFBandsEnabled is set to true.
This will be fixed in the next release. There is also a report of not being
able to load a WARC entry into the band map from the call window. This is
being investigated and will also be fixed when found.

BTW Has anyone tried SBDVP with 6.64? For some inexplicable reason I cannot
play messages anymore. I can record just fine. I am wondering (HOPING!!!) it
is a localized problem.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont