[TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...

Subject: [TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...
From: kk1l@arrl.net (Ronald Rossi)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:16:55 -0400
"D. R. Evans" wrote:

> > Not yet. The only practical way for me to do this would be to change the
> > granularity of the decay from one minute increments to something larger. The
> > max number of "time units" an entry can survive is 63. That is not going
> > away. However, I can make the "time unit" programmable. I know how I can
> > implement it. I need to think about what to call it and how to present it. I
> > am thinking simply BAND MAP DECAY UNIT = 1, 2, 3, ...? It needs to show up
> > right next to BAND MAP DECAY TIME in the ctrl-J menu to avoid confusion.
> > Comments?
> >

> Ugly, but I would sure like this. I find the current limitation very
> annoying and, worse, causes me to waste time and adds to my frustration
> level.

Folks,

I have it implimented and it works. It is called the BAND MAP DECAY MULTIPLIER.
Selecting 1 is normal time, 2 is twice as long, 3 three times, etc. I'll see
about having the multiplier feed back to the display of the BAND MAP DECAY TIME
in the CTRL-J menu, so you will know what you have programmed. After that I will
consider this egg cooked.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont