[TRLog] More Icom Radio Delay

Subject: [TRLog] More Icom Radio Delay
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:50:26 -0500
Rich-thanks for the confirmation as several others have not seen the
problem!

For a little more info on this-I just ran a test using Writelog, and it
falls in between CT and TR as far as response.  I tried it at both 4800 and
9600 and didn't see much difference.  Writelog does not wait for the dial to
stop but still lags a fair amount more than CT.

I always used the band map in CT but after going to TR in the fall, I
stopped using the band map and in the major contests doing SO2R, I didn't
miss it that much (obviously you don't need it on the cq radio and as your S
& P on the second radio is not as intense as if you were 1R S & P'ing, I
didn't miss it too much).  But in minor contests (state qso parties) where
you are constantly S & P'ing, then I really missed having it.

Mike W9RE