[TRLog] TRLog Program Lockups

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog Program Lockups
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 15:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
I had this problem as my initial experience with TR
(6.60)... not overly satisfying to be sure.

http://lists.contesting.com/_trlog/2001-December/008369.html

It was suggested that perhaps my TR config was hosed
up, or perhaps the callsign database was buggered up.
Since I have not done much operating since (personal
issues) I have never cured this condition nor tried a
newer version nor fully followed up with all the
suggestions.

Mike N2MG

On Fri, 03 May 2002, Phil Goetz wrote

> During various contests over the past few months,
TRLog has frozen up on
> me a couple of times.  This has happened with no
particular set of
> circumstances nor keystrokes that I'm aware of.
Since the computer in
> the shack is very old, I've been inclined to blame
it.  However, in a
> recent discussion with K5OT, he mentioned that the
same thing has
> happened to him a few times.  The program just
freezes, and no amount of
> pounding on the escape key, Control-Break, or even
the time-honored
> three-finger salute (Cntl-Alt-Delete) makes any
difference.  The only
> solution seems to be to turn off the computer and
then turn it back on.

> Has anybody else on the TR reflector had similar
experiences?  If so,
> please advise when you first noticed the situation
and whether you've
> been able to identify anything that might have been
the cause.