[TRLog] Mark-V 100%

Subject: [TRLog] Mark-V 100%
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:46:08 -0400
At 01:18 PM 6/4/02 -0500, Alan Clark wrote:
>That is the reason I use Windows 98 SE on my PC in the shack, for the DOS
>mode.  I own NT, 2000 and XP Professional, but do not use them because all
>of the major contest logging packages do not support Windows.  It is a shame
>that I have a top of the line computer and have to run 98 on it, but it is
>better than 95.  It is just as easy for me to boot into DOS and then key
>WIN, but you can do whichever fits your fancy.  You can even get
>sophisticated and create a startup menu that let's you boot into either one.
>There are many ways to skin the cat.  But, this works for me and my Mark-V.

And my Mark 5 works fine with TR in a DOS window under Win98, as long as I
shut down most of the background tasks and hit Alt-Enter to go full-screen
DOS mode.  When working in a true Windows window there is all sorts of
delay in reading frequency, which goes away as soon as I do an alt-Enter.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org